22 August, 2006

911, the musical

I haven't been visiting Wonkette very much of late, but a recent trip there brought this to my attention. A graphic novel of the "Final Report of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks on the United States"

I knew graphic novel publishers were getting crazy, and this idea cops quite a serve from Wonkette
...(the novel) will finally answer such burning, unresolved 9/11 questions as: Would Batman have been able to prevent the events of 9/11 if he hadn't been encumbered by bureaucratic red tape?

but I love it.
The idea of a government report in illustrated format is fantastic. I'm planning to present my next monthly report to my director as an interpretive dance.
And given what I read about the situation with any American libraries, I think the government should skip the text version. There probably aren't many Americans left who could wade through that sort of thing. Even then I guess most folk are just going to wait for the movie adaptation to become available on DVD.

No comments: