15 November, 2007

rereading is easier than writing

I stole this list from CW who in turn lifted it from someone who took it from a UK list of most reread books (or something like that)

So which of the rereads have I read and which have I left untouched on the bedside table? italic = read bold = read ad infinitum or at least multiple times

The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling

The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien I have lost count of the times I've read it, at least once a year since I was 12.
Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
1984 by George Orwell
The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by CS Lewis
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
Notes from a Small Island by Bill Bryson
To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee
Flowers in the Attic by Virginia Andrews (I think I started this one once)
Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett (I am shamed to admit it)
The Bible (Did I mention Theology was a minor of mine at uni?)
Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding (umm, no)
Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (not read it as such, but I saw some of the film once)
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (I don't think I've read it)

So, not bad, do I pass?

1 comment:

Sam said...

John - you've gone oh-so-quiet!! I hope that life is treating you well - I keep checking back to see if you have any words of wisdom (or not as the case may be!!)

Perhaps a meme will give you some inspiration - I've tagged you - visit my blog to find out more - http://samburgess.blogspot.com/2008/02/tagged.html

(incidentally, I am on the way to Australia tomorrow for some much awaited sunshine!!)