11 May, 2006

Life, study, work and getting back on track.

Well, it's about twelve months since I became one of Dexy's Midnight Runners and it has been an improvement. It has however, not been the "fog lifting" I can see clearly now the rain has gone, road to Damascus experience that many ADHD people report. It has however given me a lift in my productivity, a better level of focus and an opportunity to redesign my life so that my "oh look shiny thing, mmm I wonder what the Pope does at night, that's a nice book, Oh I like beans, mmm where are my car keys, hi how are you, what was I looking for again?" doesn't dominate my life.

Work is where I've seen the biggest improvement, which may in part be because I spent a while as manager and as such I understand my role a bit better now. Study has also improved, three subjects into my masters and I've only failed one assignment. And I still managed an overall pass in that subject.

Where I'm failing to make up ground is however at home. I don't like taking my evening dose because it ends up with me awake till 3am staring at a dark ceiling while my brain solves all of the world's problems. As such my time at home with the wife and kiddies is my braindead coming down time. Something which is failing to make them feel like they are the most important people in my life.
My GP is keeping an eye on some non-stimulant options which have recently been approved in Oz and I might try switching to that and seeing if it is a better fit for me.

No comments: